This has to be one of the classic recipes to bake with young childeren, I don’t expect there are many of us who don’t remember making these super easy treats as a child, eating probably as much of them as we put in the cases. A nice tweak to them is to add sprinkles and chocolate stars as a bit of extra decoration.
Rice Krispie Cakes
A classic treat to make on rainy afternoons.
Write a review
- 200g Milk cooking chocolate
- 250g Rice Krispie cereal / Rice pop cereal
- Set out the cake cases - if you stand them in a cupcake tray this will help them keep their shape.
- Depending on the cases you use you should end up with 12 - 24 cakes
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl using 15 second bursts at full power and stirring between each burst.
- Alternatively melt in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Combine the Rice Pops and Chocolate in a large bowl and stir until all the krispies are coated - if the chocolate looks too thick you can always add more rice pops.
- Spoon the chocolate coated rice pops into the cake cases.
- Add decorations such as sprinkle and chocolate stars to the top of the cakes.
- Place the tray in the fridge to set.
- Placing the cake cases in a cupcake tin helps them keep their shape while setting.
- If melting chocolate in a microwave use short bursts and stir between each burst.
- If melting chocolate over hot water avoid getting any water in the chocolate as this will change the consistency.
Modern Family Baking http://modernfamilybaking.com/
One thought on “Rice Krispie cakes”
These are definitely classic
I have a recipe-book for kids, and I remember making these with my Mom
Oh – you’ve brought back sweet memories.